I don’t know why i feel sad for no reason
Table of Contents Show
We all undergo a phase where despite being sound we nevertheless end-up depressed in our spirits. It’s a mere human sentiment that is assimilated into our very essence. However, if we end up living in this feel sad state for a prolonged duration of time it does damage our spiritual and psychological state of consciousness.
Sorrow is an unstable condition in mankind, defined by sentiments such as grief. This condition, if left unattended, sometimes leads to a tough furthermore perpetual state of severe depression, dimming everything positive in the individual’s consciousness. It slowly causes a big rift in the primordial state of the individual tossing his clear-mindedness into a state of thoughtless chaos or what science terms as brain fog.
How can you decide if you feel sad or depressed?
An individual undergoing grief may grow withdrawn from others or sluggish in their daily activities.
Here are some signs that sadness is taking over your life:
- Constantly in a state of aloofness.
- Easily distracted from the tasks being carried out.
- Difficulty and lack of concentration in carrying out the easiest tasks
- Distancing from friends and family.
- Uncontrolled emotional outbreak.
- Less appetite. In some cases, it may also turn into an insatiable hunger
- Irritated and angry over petty negligible issues.
- No motivation to even areas that are of one’s interest and liking.
What are the root cause of my sadness?
To find a solution in drifting away from your grief an individual must focus on the root cause of their spiritual discord. To analyze the root cause of the problem one must try to try to gauge the presence of certain obvious actions such as personal or family-related issues, departing of important and close connects, work or passion failures, slow and uncertain growth in wealth, loss in business, etc
Then there are other, less expected causes for sadness, such as:
- going through something stressful
- being around people who are going through a tough time
- bickering with someone
- problems at school/uni/work
- big life changes (such as shifting to a new location)
- being bored
- not sleeping well
- not exercising enough
- hormonal changes.
How do people of different age groups experience depression?
Women are more likely to experience mild and moderate depression. More than just feeling moody, it can strip away their joy and motivation. Traits such as unusual feelings of guilt, over-sleeping, weight gain, etc are also impacted by hormonal factors, leading to a lack of self-esteem.
Unlike women, men display limited acknowledged feelings of depression. They however display certain traits that can be compared with a depressed spirit. Symptoms such as insomnia, lethargic attitude, tiredness, lack of interest in work and life activities, a give-up nature, etc. Some cope with this mental state either by expressing hostile characteristics or a very isolated and secluded attitude. Others depend on a support system such as alcohol or drug abuse, a violent and seldom felonious character.
The reasons for depression in elderly people
Elderly people mostly complain about physical and mental weakness and lack of focus or memory at times. Memory loss and a very apathetic attitude towards their personal to physical care is a symptom which they display during their depressed state. They are the most severely affected amongst all the other age groups.
The reasons for depression in young people
The younger generation normally tends to be uncontrolled and highly disobedient during this phase. Traits of rage, unrest, and self-isolation are prevalent among the age group. Their characteristics are however quite noticeable. The guardians can easily cope up with a depressed youngster
Here are some lifestyle changes you can try to overcome your sadness
- Express your emotional state: there are many avenues one can reach out for help when depression is beyond comprehension. Family members, siblings, friends, lovers, spouses, counselors, etc can play a major role in providing you an insight that can help you understand the reason for your depressed state.
- Do not linger to your sadness: Our emotions if not emptied act as a pressure cooker. It eventually will burst out into tears. But that’s a good thing. Denying our emotions or trying to bury them can do more damage than good as time.
- Connect with Nature: Breathe the fresh air. stroll in a garden, alone or with someone who can act as moral support. Try to connect with nature and its beauty. Walk barefoot on the grass or even lie down on it. Experience tranquility
- Do not negate your actuality: Love yourself because you are unique and there is no other similar version of you. You have immense potential which is untapped. Never underestimate your true strength. Document your feelings and evaluate your way out of it.
- Learn to smile. The profound expression we as humans have to bring positivity in ourselves and others around us is our smile. So smile at every situation.
- Be Courageous. Running away from a problem won’t make the problem go away. The earlier you face it head-on the quicker you get rid of it. Such is valid even with our emotional state. If we face our concerns at the earliest we shall evade a later depressed version of ourselves.
Sometimes working around the problem can be a befitting response to our depression. If you find it difficult to cope with your emotions there are others who can always help you. I personally have helped many cope with their various issues. It does work miraculously. If you have no one you can rely on consult a counselor
Sadness is a common experience we all share. No one has ever been able to escape its grasp. But we all can come out of it if we work towards it.